(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josep Ll. Ortega shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many thanks for your contribution to this idea thus far. We hear you loud and clear, which is why we’re excited to announce the opening of our beta on Monday 14th December! The new version of DropTask will feature enhanced filtering, a flexible and agile approach to setting up your workflow, and an improved way to schedule (plus more!). To gain access to the beta please get in touch at contact@droptask.com.

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't understand why nothing is happening here! This is a key feature of a project/task management tool. Very hard to use this software if task structures get a bit more extensive. No overview anymore without a Gannt Chart. Can't be that difficult.

• cargojag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't your team just leverage Ext Scheduler and close this, you already use so many 3rd party assets and APIs

• yogitakhetia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many thanks for your contribution to this idea thus far. We hear you loud and clear, which is why we're excited to announce the opening of our beta on Monday 14th December! The new version of DropTask will feature enhanced filtering, a flexible and agile approach to setting up your workflow, and an improved way to schedule! To gain access to the beta please get in touch at contact@droptask.com.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that adding filter and sorting abilities to the current Urgency List View would go a long way toward this need and shouldn't be that complicated to program. Many project management projects have this.

Filtering and sorting by date, project, group, assigned to, status, etc. would provide significant improvement in allowing users to view their projects/tasks in the way that works best for them.

It is very surprising that this feature which currently has the most votes and was requested nearly two years ago is still only "Under Review" (and that has been the status for over a year).

• Barry Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I LOVE droptask, but... A Gantt view will be imperative for real task / time management in my view. At a minimum, bring back the list view that is sorted by Date / Priority. What will be highly important or urgent next week is not necessarily top of the list this week.

• Bigbangthinking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

Is Droptask planing to gives an answer on this? Or simply avoid our comments and requirements? This request has more than 470 votes, far more than any other. Cosmo guy give us a hint !

• Travis Raml commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At a minimum we really do need a field for the start date or one that defaults to the creation date under the comments section.

Another option for the Gnatt chart if its easier and cheaper you can outsource the Gnatt to instagnatt.com like Asana does. Its not a perfect solution but one that would provide the right detail without fully committing it into the webpages view and available on screen real estate.

A different but really effective route would make it a selection button on the All projects by urgency screen. The left hand part of the screen can be a condensed view of all the projects by urgency (or some other measure....I think there should be more) and the right hand side can hold the gnatt.

• Ernesto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you designing the requested gantt timeline? It is really necessary for complex projects

Can I point out something you must have thought of - let's get bright lines that stand out around the circumferences of these circles which start out as complete circles, steadily depleting in length around them in a clock motion (or anti-clockwise - some of us think it makes more sense...) until eventually they're approaching no longer existing.

Each circumferential (if that's a word) line/gauge/meter is in proportion to the time it was created and the deadline so some of them will be depleting faster than others. So for example a task due in 2 days created 3 days ago will be down to a line only covering 2/5 of the circumference - whereas a task due in 2 weeks but created 1 week ago will still be covering 2/3.

That way someone can be monitoring lots of stuff and see at a glance how much time is elapsing on different issues, focusing accordingly.

You can change the colour of the lines from blue to green to yellow to red or whatever as the circular line depletes to make close deadlines stand out more. You can also annotate these lines with panels which might have different shapes or lengths to show calender days / months / years to emphasise different timescales as appropriate and sync one task with another to create additional lines in their colours to display on them any anticipated overlap with nominated tasks where important: So for example if the 2/5 days task was synced to the 2/3 weeks task you'd see a much smaller line in relation to the 2/3 representing the 2/5 which is elapsing to end on a specific compass degree on the circle in accordance with how the timescale of the 2/3 stands.

Another thing that would be handy is another similar yet visually distinct line (perhaps dashed?) which tracks the length of time that has elapsed since anyone effected anything on that particular task - which is handy where straight deadline is not the only issue but the frequency of things being done throughout the duration of the task. That way you can also look at the whole project and see which issues have stood neglected the longest to focus accordingly or go around the perimeter fence to check issues left unattended.

Just sayin' - that's how I'd do it. If you don't want the idea maybe I'll just have to learn to do it myself I know I want to see it done. Good idea - let's make it fantastic!

Cheers! X

Yep, have to have timeline! Our team has a three month project schedule and need to see visually what we have in front of us; looking at lists doesn't cut it. The visual aspect of Droptask makes it so easy, and I bet what the Droptask team could develop would be outstanding!

• John Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some sort of time-based view would be essential to me before signing up. As others have said Gantt charts are not always the most friendly. The primary thing for me is to see how projects are laid out over the year or next quarter and key deadlines or milestones too

• Uwe “Oova” Kleinschmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the lack of response by the staff of droptask and the responses I have received on support requests suggest that responsiveness is not a value they subscribe to and worse give you the same BS answer companies give you, who don't care about their customers, like "We will add it to the list of requests for our engineering team.

• Brian Vroomen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have metioned/requested before that there be a gantt view as well. I would also like a timeline option I think both have their place depending on my purpose and mood. I love droptask over any other project management tool I have tried. It is fund which makes me use it; but that doesn't mean I don't miss the features of a gantt chart and a timeline.

Please add this to the functionality of DropTask!

Thanks,

Brian Vroomen
        Keewatin, Ontario, Canada

• Dennis Brockman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the status of the total project with a project end date. I hope you can the Droptask team will be able to use their visual acumen to give us something more visual please than a standard Gant chart. I am thinking something more spiral like the way Apple did the fitness goals in their new health apps. Teams need this. It would be great to be able to look at a page with boxes of spiral charts like the project chart we have today.

Would like to see something a bit more interesting and ultimately agile than a Gantt chart. You would need to add a whole load if extra inputs such as start dates, end dates durations etc. to build Gantt :-( I would like something that replicates the more visual approach that most people would use to plan using post-it notes.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base