I suggest you ...

assign due date to subtasks

I would love to be able to assign a due date to subtasks. There are times when the subtasks need to happen and be tracked before the main task is completed.

468 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many thanks for your contribution to this idea. We’re excited to announce that the new version of DropTask will offer an enhanced user experience featuring enhanced filtering, a flexible and agile approach to setting up your workflow, and an improved way to schedule. As well as this, I can confirm that the ability to assign due dates to subtasks is very much under consideration – and we appreciate all of the feedback that our community of users (you!) have given us. We hope to have an update on this very soon. To gain access to the beta which opens next Monday (December 14th), please get in touch at contact@droptask.com.

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Roddi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Droptask is buautiful and elegant for getting the big picture captured. I am struggling to add the detail tasks and subtasks in a way I can swich to "getting it done" mode versus "planning mode". For example if I have a large task that is due next month, but an urgent subtask that needs addressed on or by a specific day (submit paperwork, make a key phone call) to keep it on track I need it to show up in an easy list of what I should be working on right now.

• yogitakhetia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many thanks for your contribution to this idea - we hear you loud and clear which is why we're excited to announce the opening of our beta on Monday 14th December! The new version of DropTask will offer an enhanced user experience featuring enhanced filtering, a flexible and agile approach to setting up your workflow, and an improved way to schedule. As well as this, I can confirm that the ability to assign due dates to subtasks is very much under consideration - and we appreciate all of the feedback that our community of users (you!) have given us. To gain access to the beta please get in touch at contact@droptask.com.

• Cegeli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This Is obviously missing. Subtasks are done at différent dates...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice to see that others share the feeling and desire for this feature to be implemented! With enough people bombarding this company to make this change I believe they will do it.

It would be one thing if this feature was a free but we are individuals who are willing to PAY YOU to add a feature!

C'mon Droptask!!!!!

• Ernesto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is badly needed. I want a client to buy DropTask for a key project. However, it is impossible to do it without assigning due date to subtasks. I see that there is no comment from DropTask about it!!! It seems that they do not care for this improvement.

Same sentiment - need subtask dates AND onwership assignment. THIS IS CRITICAL IF YOU WANT THIS TOOL TO WORK IN THE CORPORATE WORLD and for users to be satisfied.

Oh look, TWO YEARS LATER AND STILL NOTHING. I check back periodically to see if devs have done anything about this and its just mind boggling they haven't.

Still waiting droptask team...

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to add my voice to the complaint that this is taking too long to implement. I find myself constantly updating the task due date as each subtask is completed. Optionally there could be a start and end date for the task.

Its been over a year in review, and this suggestion is number two in top ten. I just can't seem to make droptask pro work for me without this hopeful feature and I will be disabling my pro status. sad face because the potential is there, its just buried and the dev's just don't seem to see it being as important as the community!

• Dan Newberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea. I'm trying grouping tasks and creating dependencies, but this would give an extra level of detail. I also think due dates for groups would be good

• tanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just love the visual aspect of Droptask and have tried to use it for almost two months now. There is just too little project management capability (like the item requested here). I am sad to say i'm going back to Omnifocus :( I will miss the layout, but not the level of functionality.

• Proxima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I think we need two different things:
        - a default due date definable on a group, that is automatically given to all added tasks and
        - a due date on the group itself, e.g. to set a start date on the group (slash project)

• Proxima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, plus it should be possible to assign a due date to a group, so that all tasks added to the group will automatically inherit that due date.

• Rhys Hexter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also be good to be able to set target dates as well as due dates; target date in order to allow users to plan what they are doing and due dates so that managers can make sure that work is completed on time

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base