I suggest you ...

Show/Hide Completed Tasks

This is a vital fundamental operation that many people have requested, but the requests have been ignored to date. It is simple:

The ability to always SHOW completed tasks in the main canvas window. This means that when an item is Complete, it will put the Checkmark on that task, but REMAIN VIEWABLE on the Canvas.

A function like this is important visually to help gauge where you are overall or to help show how much you've truly accomplished as compared to what is left. When a person writes out a things to do list, they cross/check of items, but they remain on the list. This is the standard function we are asking for DropTask. I'm a longtime frustrated paying user and people have asked for this for years. It seems that it would be easy to implement - all it takes is a simple Show/Hide setting. If Show is highlighted then it keeps Completed Tasks in the main Canvas (with the checkmark over it). If Hide is selected the Completed Tasks are moved to the Completed section as is currently the case.

Clients I work with prefer to see everything in one window. With this, the checkmark shows, but the Task remains in the same spot it was in before completed. People can see it is done (and even select it) because of the checkmark. It really simplifies things.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mignon Fuchs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely agree. There is a suggestion with quite similar needs that already has more than 43 votes. It would be good to combine forces.

• Jim Tuttle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is LONG overdue. When the GUI came out (v2?) with the new Completed view, I had hoped this would solve this. But, the Completed view is a timeline-like view, and you do not get the same visual sense, nor can you find/filter in that view.

Please implement this on the Canvas!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base